Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andyg

Error configuring the Power BI Analysis Services Connector

Hi,

I'm getting an error at the 'Sign in to your Power BI' account stage of configuring the Power BI Analysis Services Connector. We use ADFS to authenticate, and I receive the following error when redirected to our organisation's login page:

An error occurred. Contact your administrator for more information.

Error details

• Activity ID: 00000000-0000-0000-8059-0080000000c0
  • Relying party: Microsoft Office 365 Identity Platform
  • Error time: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 22:39:39 GMT
  • Cookie: enabled
  • User agent string: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.2; Win64; x64; Trident/7.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C)
Here is the associated event log error from our ADFS server:

- System

- Provider

[ Name]  AD FS
   [ Guid]  {2FFB687A-1571-4ACE-8550-47AB5CCAE2BC}

EventID 364

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000001

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]  2015-07-26T22:39:39.075909100Z

EventRecordID 52778

- Correlation

[ ActivityID]  {00000000-0000-0000-8059-0080000000C0}

- Execution

[ ProcessID]  2368
   [ ThreadID]  13988

Channel AD FS/Admin

Computer XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

- Security

[ UserID]  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

- UserData

- Event

- EventData

Data wsfed

Data urn:federation:MicrosoftOnline

Data Microsoft.IdentityServer.Service.Policy.PolicyServer.Engine.InvalidAuthenticationTypePolicyException: MSIS7102: Requested Authentication Method is not supported on the STS. at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.Authentication.GlobalAuthenticationPolicyEvaluator.EvaluatePolicy(IList`1 mappedRequestedAuthMethods, AccessLocation location, ProtocolContext context, HashSet`1 authMethodsInToken, Boolean& validAuthMethodsInToken) at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.Authentication.AuthenticationPolicyEvaluator.RetrieveFirstStageAuthenticationDomain(Boolean& validAuthMethodsInToken) at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.Authentication.AuthenticationPolicyEvaluator.EvaluatePolicy(Boolean& isLastStage, AuthenticationStage& currentStage, Boolean& strongAuthRequried) at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.PassiveProtocolListener.GetAuthMethodsFromAuthPolicyRules(PassiveProtocolHandler protocolHandler, ProtocolContext protocolContext) at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.PassiveProtocolListener.GetAuthenticationMethods(PassiveProtocolHandler protocolHandler, ProtocolContext protocolContext) at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.PassiveProtocolListener.OnGetContext(WrappedHttpListenerContext context)  

I'm getting this error with version 1.5.5675.2 of the connector. I am able to install and configure the preview version (1.4.5576.2) on the same server using the same account without any problems.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
andyg

If it helps anyone else, we managed to resolve the issue by enabling Forms Authentication as a primary authentication method for the Intranet zone in ADFS.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
andyg

If it helps anyone else, we managed to resolve the issue by enabling Forms Authentication as a primary authentication method for the Intranet zone in ADFS.

in configuring Power BI AS Connector, when i Click "sign in to your power bi account" or click next, program return "no internet connection error", but i'm already connected

verscev
Frequent Visitor

I have exactly the same error. I can connect to Power BI via the internet, but not when configuration the SSAS connector. Any help is appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors