Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jsincontrol
Frequent Visitor

Error Running html.table

So this is porbably a really silly question but I have looked and looked and I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I have a column with stored htmlcode in it and I want to get the values out of the html tables in that code. An example is below is I am trying to return the columns "Application" and "Version" with the records ("Controller client", "8.0.37") and ("Web Logger","8.0.20") as two seperate rows in either 2 new columns in the same query or a completley different query.

<col /></colgroup><tbody><tr><th>Application</th><th>Version</th><th colspan=\"1\">Server</th><th colspan=\"1\">URL/ URI / Port details / CNAME / dB Names</th></tr><tr><td>Controller Client</td><td>8.0.37</td><td colspan=\"1\"><br /></td><td colspan=\"1\"><br /></td></tr><tr><td>Web Logger</td><td>8.0.20</td>

So I thought I could use the Html.Table function to do this with the following

let
    Source = Html.Table("HTMLDetails,TestData",{"Application","App"},"<td>")
in
    Source​

However I am getting back We cannot convert the value "<td>" to type Record

Details:

Value=<td>

Type=[Type]

Any suggestions would be really appreciated please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jsincontrol ,

Add <table> at the beginning of the code and </table> at the end.

<table><col /></colgroup><tbody><tr><th>Application</th><th>Version</th><th colspan=\"1\">Server</th><th colspan=\"1\">URL/ URI / Port details / CNAME / dB Names</th></tr><tr><td>Controller Client</td><td>8.0.37</td><td colspan=\"1\"><br /></td><td colspan=\"1\"><br /></td></tr><tr><td>Web Logger</td><td>8.0.20</td></table>

Then try to add a custom column like this:

= Html.Table([Column1],{{"Application","tr>:nth-child(1)"},{"Version","tr>:nth-child(2)"}},[RowSelector="tr"])

custom1.gif

Or this:

= Html.Table([Column1],{{"Application","tr>:nth-child(1)"},{"Version","tr>:nth-child(2)"}},[RowSelector="tbody>:nth-child(n+2)"])

custom2.gif

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jsincontrol ,

Add <table> at the beginning of the code and </table> at the end.

<table><col /></colgroup><tbody><tr><th>Application</th><th>Version</th><th colspan=\"1\">Server</th><th colspan=\"1\">URL/ URI / Port details / CNAME / dB Names</th></tr><tr><td>Controller Client</td><td>8.0.37</td><td colspan=\"1\"><br /></td><td colspan=\"1\"><br /></td></tr><tr><td>Web Logger</td><td>8.0.20</td></table>

Then try to add a custom column like this:

= Html.Table([Column1],{{"Application","tr>:nth-child(1)"},{"Version","tr>:nth-child(2)"}},[RowSelector="tr"])

custom1.gif

Or this:

= Html.Table([Column1],{{"Application","tr>:nth-child(1)"},{"Version","tr>:nth-child(2)"}},[RowSelector="tbody>:nth-child(n+2)"])

custom2.gif

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

bdarbo78
Frequent Visitor

That saved my day ! But how did you find out about this syntax ? 

Icey, thanks so much for a solution. Sorry I didn't reply sooner but just tested now. That is perfection 🙂

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Who told you to use "<td>"  ?  That's not how Html.Table needs to be called.

Html.Table - PowerQuery M | Microsoft Docs

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors