Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SvenJ
Helper III
Helper III

Error Message wrong link to previous step

Good morning everyone,

i´m getting the following message, which says that step "Geänderter Typ 5" is linked to another request or step, when i´m open a power bi template.

fehlermeldung.PNG

When i delete the step and put it in again, it´s working for the moment, but as soon as i open the template again, the same error appears. Here is advanced code

#"Umbenannte Spalten4" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Gefilterte Zeilen",{{"Attribut", "BWA Zeile"}}),
    #"Geänderter Typ4" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Umbenannte Spalten4",{{"Belegdatum", type text}}),
    #"Hinzugefügte benutzerdefinierte Spalte" = Table.AddColumn(#"Geänderter Typ4", "Belegdatum_2", each 
    if Text.Length([Belegdatum]) = 7 then Text.Start([Belegdatum],1) & "." & Text.Range([Belegdatum],1,2) & "." & Text.End([Belegdatum],4)
    else
    Text.Start([Belegdatum],2) & "." & Text.Range([Belegdatum],2,2) & "." & Text.End([Belegdatum],4)),
    #"Geänderter Typ3" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Hinzugefügte benutzerdefinierte Spalte",{{"Belegdatum_2", type date}}),
    #"Der Text vor dem Trennzeichen wurde eingefügt." = Table.AddColumn(#"Geänderter Typ3", "Text vor Trennzeichen", each Text.BeforeDelimiter([#"Stapel-Nr."], "/"), type text),
    #"Umbenannte Spalten5" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Der Text vor dem Trennzeichen wurde eingefügt.",{{"Text vor Trennzeichen", "Stapeldatum"}}),
    #"Geänderter Typ5" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Umbenannte Spalten5",{{"Stapeldatum", type date}})
in
     #"Geänderter Typ5"

Can someone help me? I guess it as something to do with the if-else-statement.

10 REPLIES 10
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SvenJ ,

Here's a article about the errer message: Power Query Errors: Please Rebuild This Data Combination

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

And you are absolutely positive you have tried saving this 'good' file as a NEW Template, NOT overwriting the one you started with, right? THEN opening THAT new template, and seeing if it works? Seems very suspicious that an operation that simply does one date conversion is bombing out.

Is it possibly due to the data you are trying to convert to date? Have you investigated the individual rows?

ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

Instead of saving as a TEMPLATE, save it as a regular Power BI file. Then close and re-open it. If the issue is still there, then it's an issue with the Power Query coding. If the issue is resolved, then it may be related to the process of saving as a template, in which case you should open a ticket with Microsoft Support on this as it may be a bug.

OK! When i open the power bi file, it´s working fine. Seems like the problem is with the template file.

SvenJ
Helper III
Helper III

That´s what i already tried a couple of times, without any luck

ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

I suspect that your changes are NOT getting saved back to the original template. You may need to do a File > Save AS, and select Power BI Template as the TYPE. Maybe give it a new name just to be sure it is getting saved. Then open THAT template and see what happens.

ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

Maybe I wasn't specific in my question. When you save it, are you saving it as a TEMPLATE, then re-opening that SAME template, or are you saving it as a regular PBIX file, then opening the TEMPLATE?

No, i´m saving it as a regular pbix file and than it´s working.
But i don´t want this message, when i´m opening a template.

SvenJ
Helper III
Helper III

Yes, i save the template as a new template - isn´t it possible. 

ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

Do you SAVE the changes after you make the edit? If you are using a TEMPLATE, I don't think you can save over it. You have to create a new file.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors