Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PauSempere

Error 400 Bad Request when publishing a PBIX file

Hi folks, 

using the last versions of Power BI and Enterprise Gateway I am trying to publish a PBIX file connecting to a on-premises SSAS server, but I am getting an Error 400 (Bad Request) when doing so. In the detailed error description I found this error

HttpStatusCode
BadRequest

ErrorDetails
{"error":{"code":"ModelHasNoPowerBIDMMoniker","pbi.error":{"code":"ModelHasNoPowerBIDMMoniker","parameters":{},"details":[]}}}

ErrorCode
ModelHasNoPowerBIDMMoniker

The gateway works correctly though, and I can see live data from the portal when I upload a new PBIX file with the same SSAS connection and any graph is added. 

I have not found any extra info about this error, any ideas about what can it be? 

Thank you in advance. 

Pau Sempere

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@PauSempere I don't have any specifics that can directly help, but i've read other threads in which something in the PBIX file corrupted and creating a copy (save as) to a new PBIX file resolved some internal error in the model. You could give that a shot, and see if the same error occures when uploading the new file. If you are having success connecting to the same datasource, I would assume it has something to do with the PBIX file itself.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@PauSempere I don't have any specifics that can directly help, but i've read other threads in which something in the PBIX file corrupted and creating a copy (save as) to a new PBIX file resolved some internal error in the model. You could give that a shot, and see if the same error occures when uploading the new file. If you are having success connecting to the same datasource, I would assume it has something to do with the PBIX file itself.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi @Seth_C_Bauer

I first tried copying the file and renaming it and it didn't work, but using "Save as" it solved the inner problem with the file and I was able to publish it with no problem. 

Thank you!

Regards.

Thank you! I removed the dataset without removing the reports first and then I got this error.

An easy Save as solved the problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors