Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kvbe
Frequent Visitor

Enterprise gateway custom connector not available

I just installed the Oct release of the enterprise gateway to enable the custom connectors but this seems to be not possible for my install to enable the custom connector.

Any chance someone has the same issue? This is a perfectly working gateway for the rest. on a Windows 2012 R2 server.

Greenshot 2018-11-01 10.36.48.pngour versionour version

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @kvbe,

As rafaelmpsantos said, the feature for Enterprise gateway custom connector is GA.

By my tests, I could have the custom connector option for the Enterprise gateway ( version October 2018).

custom connectors.png

Please check your version of Enterprise gateway. 

In addition, you could uninstall the gateway and reinstall it.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I think that now custom connectors are fully avaliable without any configurations. 

See that. https://powerbi.microsoft.com/pt-br/blog/announcing-general-availability-of-custom-and-certified-con...

Not sure about that as if a SAAS vendor does not want to create a custom connector, I was under the impression that you still can create your own connector and use refresh using the power bi service and enterprise gateway? 

Would someone be able to confirm if this is just a bug that this does not show up. (maybe a security or internet explorer settting?) or if this functionality is indeed gone from the enterprise gateway?

Thanks!

Hi @kvbe,

As rafaelmpsantos said, the feature for Enterprise gateway custom connector is GA.

By my tests, I could have the custom connector option for the Enterprise gateway ( version October 2018).

custom connectors.png

Please check your version of Enterprise gateway. 

In addition, you could uninstall the gateway and reinstall it.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dear Cherry,

Thanks for the confirmation.

As you indicated, after a remove and reinstall it showed up in the config utility!

Thanks for the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors