Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ozhug
Advocate II
Advocate II

Enterprise Power BI Gateway greyed out

I have an issue with a single report, my enterprise gateway is working for many other reports.

For this report the enterprise gateway option is greyed out.

The data source shown in the published report is “dwh-fc-dwh-sql” which does not match the name in the report file “fc-dwh-sql”.  I have tried to create a data source with “dwh-fc-dwh-sql” in the gateway but the service recognises that this source exists.

Screenshot from Power BI Service trying to setup gateway (on-prem gateway greyed out)

1.png

Image from Power BI Report data source setting

1.png

Trying to create dwh-fc-dwh-sql data source on getaway get this message.
1.png

Does Anybody know how to fix this ?

thanks

Mark

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@ozhug,

When you add the data source within on-premises gateway, the server name should be "fc-dwh-sql,...", which is same as that name you use in Power BI Desktop. 

Also ensure that you are able to access the data source from the machine you install on-premises gateway.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

I cannot add that name to getway as i get an error that says it already exists
i tried to change the name in the power bi file but this is not relected when i publish the file to the service?

@ozhug,

Do you use latest version of gateway? Are you able to access the data source from the machine you install on-premises gateway?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

gateway updated from Feb 2018 to Mar 2018 (14.16.6650.1)

delete dataset in workspace , uploaded report.

tried again to add connection with this name got the same duplicate datasource message.

yes i can connect to this source from the on-prem machine and from other power bi reports using this connection via a different name.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors