Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ensuring No Duplicate Values When Pulling From Folder Location

Hello! I am currently building a report and have my data source set up so that records are appending to a table once a new file is added. My question is how this process works exactly? If I update a file, will the record in power query get updated or will a new record be appended and ultimately not be updated. For example, see the original and updated file examples below:

Original fileOriginal file

Updated FileUpdated File

Will my query refelct this update or will it just append a record that has product A sales of 22?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Power BI /Power Query by default will not keep any data from previous refreshes, but will always overwrite existing data with the results from the current refresh.

There are workarounds that you can find with "Power Query incremental refresh" in your favourite search engine, but unless your using a premium capacity they all have their drawbacks.

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Power BI /Power Query by default will not keep any data from previous refreshes, but will always overwrite existing data with the results from the current refresh.

There are workarounds that you can find with "Power Query incremental refresh" in your favourite search engine, but unless your using a premium capacity they all have their drawbacks.

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors