Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Embedded tiles sometimes not rendering

I am using the embed API to embed dashboard tiles on a web page. Quite often the tiles are rendered with no data presented in them. They are all blank (white) - just the title is showing. Does anyone else have the same problem or know of any solution to it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can confirm that it seems to be working now.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can confirm that it seems to be working now.

Roshna
Employee
Employee

Facing the same issue. Has this got anything to do with setting up of IFrame height and width? I'm trying to embed Power BI tiles in a UWP app. Any help on this would be great.

ddas
Regular Visitor

Looking at the number of people facing the same issue, I would assume it's a bug.

Good news is embedding report still works! You can use that until the tile bug is fixed.

There is a problem m facing while embedding reports too. I have followed the documentation but the iframe shows a progress ring continuously and the report never loads. Did you face a similar issue? Anything I might be missing out?

ddas
Regular Visitor

Did you bind postActionLoadReport function with your iframe's onload event? Refer to the code in GitHub.

I have followed the code in GitHub. I still get a continuous progress ring and report doesn't load.

seena
Frequent Visitor

What changes did you do to fix it ? I still get the issue for MAtrix and Table tiles. Other pictoral tiles work fine. Also I see this issue only in IE 11 .It works fine in Edge and Chrome

ddas
Regular Visitor

It's working in my case. Can you please share your code snippet?

This issue appears to be solved now. I have not changed any code and tested it a couple of times. The tile renders with the graph. I no longer see only headers with white space. I think the issue is solved from the Power BI side.

gautamakabari

When I connect azure database in Power BI and try to rendering tiles in my web application tiles are not rendering. Only headers are rendirng and in tiles there is only white space and even in html content there is not any data except svg tags.

I am new to Power BI and I will appreciate any help here. Many many thanks.

gautamakabari

I have same problem. and another issue is that when i connect azure databse in power BI and fetch tile in web application then also not get any tile in web page.

ddas
Regular Visitor

Having same issue. Tried to embed a tile but only tile header is displayed, tile content is not displayed. If I look at the html for the iframe, there also the data is missing! To test, I just went to the original tile that I had created in my PowerBI account and copied the content html from there and pasted it onto my custom web page's ifrmae. And it shows up fine. So the reason is just in the part where the visualization data is fetched.

By any means can there be any CORS issue? I tried the same on IE11, Chrome, Firefox; everywhere got the same issue. Really an urgent requirement. Please help!!!

jafunch
Regular Visitor

Yup! Have the same problem - but unfortunately no solution...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors