Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Email address from SharePoint list displaying as an ID

Good morning, 

I am currently building a Power BI report that displays actions against an owner. Its being built over an existing SharePoint site which has a field called ‘responsible person’, this field is being populated by an Info path form which uses the company global address list. When importing the data in to Power BI, the responsible person field changes from the email address to a number in a column called ‘responsible person ID. I am not sure if this number is a position of the email address in the global address list.

Has anyone come across this issue and if so is it possible to resolve in Power BI or does it need to be sorted at source in the SP list settings? 

richardburling_0-1626167836967.jpeg

Thanks for any help. 

Rich

4 REPLIES 4
Chloe1996
Regular Visitor

Hi, 

I'm using Power BI Service as I'm a Mac user, I can't find any solutions that work for me so I'm following some threads to prompt more solutions and see replies. 

Thanks.

ChristofH
Regular Visitor

Hi, I hope you were able to fix it in the meantime.
Maybe I'm already using a newer version of Power BI, but the data for e-mail addresses is hidden in a column table further to the right in your dataset : 

ChristofH_0-1707158634532.png

arunnar

Even I'm facing the same issue. Please help

v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @richardburling ,

In Navigator,does responsible person field exist? 

vkellymsft_0-1626342196080.png

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors