Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Guyakobov
Helper II
Helper II

Edit Mailchimp reports

HI,

I have downloaded the MailChimp app and I can't edit the reports, and I also don't have datasets.

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Guyakobov ,

Based on your description, my understanding is that you installed the MailChimp as an APP (From Get Data -> Services). In this scenario, it just allows you viewing the content rather than editing it. As a result, you can’t edit the report and can’t see the datasets.

If we want to edit the reports and get the dataset, we can download it as “Service Content Packs”, the content pack will install in your workspace and is editable.
1.png

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I know Mailchimp is cheaper but maybe you should look into other options to avoid such issues. I suggest you look into Touchdown for D365 & PowerApps. Here's their website for more info if you like https://www.touchdown.co/

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Guyakobov ,

Based on your description, my understanding is that you installed the MailChimp as an APP (From Get Data -> Services). In this scenario, it just allows you viewing the content rather than editing it. As a result, you can’t edit the report and can’t see the datasets.

If we want to edit the reports and get the dataset, we can download it as “Service Content Packs”, the content pack will install in your workspace and is editable.
1.png

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

To access the Style tab in the campaign builder, follow these steps.
  1. In the Content section of the builder, click Edit Design.
  2. On the design step, click the Style tab in the editor window.
  3. Click the section you want to edit.
  4. Set your preferences for the section, and click Save.

@v-yuezhe-msft 

tried that approach, to get the service pack instead of the app, however, I still cannot download the dataset.

Am I missing a step or doing something wrong?

Hi @EVEAdmin I know this reply is very late lol. Since there’s no built-in connector for Mailchimp to PBI anymore, you would have to try other options. As a workaround, maybe you can use a 3rd party connector, it can save you a lot of time compared to other options. I've tried windsor.ai, supermetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the Mailchimp connector in the data sources list:

MAILCHIMP-1.jpg

After that, you will have to first create a secret API key in your Mailchimp account and then using your credentials add your account to the platform.

MAILCHIMP-2.jpg

Once you’ve done this, you can proceed and go to the “Preview and destination” step

MAILCHIMP-3.jpg

There just select the fields you need. Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors