Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bjp

ERP connection to Financialforce

Hi,

My organization uses Salesforce (CRM)  and financialforce as fitting ERP system.
I know how to add Salesforce to Powerbi / Excel2016 but I did not found an option or statement how and if that works with FinancialForce.
Maybe someone of you could help me with that.

Thanks in advance.
Best,
Björn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For all who might have this ERP system. It seems that there is no extra connecter is needed. FF is a native app to salesforce on the force.com plattform. That means that the data is stored in the salesforce data center together with the rest of SF data and can be accessed with PowerBi by using the SF connector.

maybe that is also for others helpfull!

Best,
Björn

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DuncanHobeijn

Hi Bjorn,

Looks like you were able to connect to the FinancialForce data. I got the connection to the SalesForce objects, I do see values in the data (home value) but cant seem to get values out of the reports in PowerBI. 

Hope you can help me on this one!

Thx, Duncan

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@bjp for system for which there is no in-built connector like financialforce you can either connect straight to their database or make use of APIs (if available) using web connector and obtain data that way. If you can't go down that path then perhaps add that to the Ideas section and based on number of votes it may be actioned.

Thank you very much for your advice.

Since I am right now not know how to connect to the database directly or to use the API from then I will suggest it  in the idea section and also ask FF about their ideas how to connect.

/Björn

For all who might have this ERP system. It seems that there is no extra connecter is needed. FF is a native app to salesforce on the force.com plattform. That means that the data is stored in the salesforce data center together with the rest of SF data and can be accessed with PowerBi by using the SF connector.

maybe that is also for others helpfull!

Best,
Björn

Hi Björn,

I'm curious to hear how your experience went building out your Power BI reports and dashboards. Did the connector allow you to get all of the information that you needed out of the FinancialForce application?

Tim

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@bjp in absence of in-built connector for financialforce you can use database connectors to connect straight to the database.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors