Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamics 365 to Excel (via Power BI dataset) - tagging issue

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody might be able to advise about how to resolve a problem that I am facing whereby an Excel report that we run off CRM (Dynamics 365) via a Power BI dataset has been pulling out duplicates.

Essentially, the report is based upon the tagging functionality in CRM, whereby opportunities that have been assigned a particular "tag", are pulled through into our Power BI data and then into Excel through an OLE DB connection query.

The list of tagged items looks fine in Power BI:

thumbnail image

But within Excel, we're finding that every item is being pulled through twice:

thumbnail image

Here is the query that we use to bring the data from Power BI into Excel. It has not been changed and had been working fine previously, it is only as of today that it is pulling through the duplicates:

evaluate  SelectColumns(  calculatetable(  'Tags', 'Tags'[Tag Name] = "Test Tag"), "Opportunity Name", related('Opportunities'[Opportunity Name]))

Please note that I am using dummy data here.

Many thanks for your help and please let me know if you have any questions!

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you saved your problem?

If you have saved your problem, could you please share the solution or always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on your description, if I undersand your sceanrio correctly that you have problems whrn you connect data from Power BI in Excel? 

What is your steps? Could you share it?

Firstly, please check if you have installed the latest version of Power BI Destkop 2.67.5404.801?

In addition, will you have this issue when you export data from Power BI Report?

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cherry,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes the issue occurs when I attempt to analyse data in excel from my Power BI datatset. 

Essentially, what I do is go into the relevant Excel file and go Data>Refresh All when I want the data in the Excel file to update.

The query is stored in Data>Connections>Workbook Connections>Connection Properties>Definition.

I believe the issue may be how I've modelled the tagging in the Power BI dataset, as the connection works fine when I'm not trying to pull through tagged items. I was wondering if anybody else had experience of bringing Dynamics 365 tags into a Power BI dataset and, if so, what the best practice is for doing this?

It seems to work fine when I export to Excel directly from power BI, the issue seems to be with the data connection.

Kind regards,

Ajssja

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors