Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MCstudio
Helper I
Helper I

Dynamically updated data in Query does not visualize on dashboard / report

Hi community!

I have got such a problem.

I am using DirectQuery to connect to the DWH. Every day I need to have the information about yesterday. So, that fact table have a filter, which keep the rows only with the yesterday date. I decided not to use the yesterday date formula exactly in the fact table query. I create a Blank Query with the following formula:

Capture3.PNG

And after that, I put @Yesterday into the fact table filter:

Capture5.PNG

All is fine, all is working and in the queries, and in the dashboard panel.

The report isn't published yet and it is on Power BI Desktop construction step.

Next day I opened the report, but the visualization(datas and the date card), after autoupdating, didn't update. I saw the information not for yesterday but for day before yesterday.

I went to the queries and saw, that the fact table FACT_DATE column had the yesterday date, so it is correct.

I went back to the report and made refresh manually, but it didn't change anything.

In the queries I noticed, that Yesterday query has question mark on it:

Capture.PNG

Normally, it must have this shape, and after only click on it, the icon changed.

Capture2.PNG

But even that didn't help.

The report update and display right visualisation only after:

• I close and open the report 4-5 times, or
  • I manually change something minor in the Yesterday query, or the fact table: for example in the Yesterday query after -1 add -0.

Have you got any solution?

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MCstudio ,

The question mark before the table means that query isn't currently evaluated(loaded). I suggest you don't create a seperate yesterday query, directly add the code in the main table like this:

let
   Source= Sql.Database(....),
   dbo_=Source(....)[Data],
   #"Filtered Rows"= let yesterday=Date.from(Date.AddDays(DateTime.LocalNow(),-1))
   in Table.SelectRows(dbo_,each[FACT_DATE]=yesterday),
in

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yanjiang-msft .

I tried your suggestion, but it didn't work. As before, the date and the other data are updating only in the Power Query table, but not on the dashboard.

Thank you for your answer. As I remember, I tried that metode too and it didn't work. But I am not sure, so I will try it, may be a second time 😁 I'll edit the code, on monday, at work and will check the result on tuesday. I'll let you know about results.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors