Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DeepaS
Regular Visitor

Dynamic Stored Procedure Call based on user input parameters

I want to be able to execute a stored procedure based on the input parameters selected by end user

1.  DirectQuery Mode : I'm able to use dynamic M query parameters for SQL queries using   -  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-dynamic-m-query-parameters
  2.  Import Mode : Also, I'm able to execute a stored Procedure  but cannot pass end user input parameters here

If we have to create a table , it is going to generate several million rows. Hence, we want to dynamically get user input and fetch only a subset of this. Please suggest.

Thanks for your help in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar
3 REPLIES 3
DeepaS
Regular Visitor

@Daryl-Lynch-Bzy 

We are having function1 to feed data for Page1 and function2 to feed data for Page2. When we drill through from Page1 to Page2, the transient filters are displaying correct values but the data is not filtered in Page2 based on Page1 filters ( transient filters). Please suggest.

Thanks,
Deepa

DeepaS
Regular Visitor

Hello Daryl,

Thank you very much for your response. The Function worked for us. Appreciate your time 🙂

We used this site as suggested by you.

Chris Webb's BI Blog: TSQL Table-Valued Functions And Dynamic M Parameters In Power BI DirectQuery C...

Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors