Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Dropbox API v2, as API1 has been turned off

Hi

I have been linking severla single files stored on dropbox using API! whiuch seems to have bene disabled last night. I think there are a lot of us in the same boat.  Can someone say what the equivalent code is for API2?  I tried change the path to "https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/files/auto/DataModel/SourceFiles/" but that just errors.  My files are just sitting in a normal dropbox folder as can't us an App folder as can't be shared. 

The code i was using was

let
    Source = Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents(DropboxSourcePath & "Inputs.xlsx" & Token), null, true),
    Centre_Table = Source{[Item="Centre",Kind="Table"]}[Data],
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Centre_Table,{{"Opening Date", type date}})
in
    #"Changed Type"

Where  Dropboxsourcepath

let
    Source = "https://api-content.dropbox.com/1/files/auto/DataModel/SourceFiles/"
in
    Source

and token

let
    Source = "?access_token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
in
    Source

Grateful any advice as whole company reporting has collapsed

Thanks

Mike

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

definitely it is not an option do republish every time...

I also voted for this idea, but it is under review since 2014. Sadly, that means it is never gonna happen.

why? because end users are supposed to buy onedrive for business from Microsoft, that´s why.

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

which is garbagge. as is sharepoint. Replication is slow and unreliable. Shocking products and vety dangerous as you thikn you have correct daya and it just isnt

Hi @masplin,

I have been trying to connect to Dropbox as well, so I have seen all your comments and different strategies, which at the end didn't work with Dropbox API v2 & Power BI Service... So sad.

Did you have any other update? I already voted & posted at the Dropbox "idea".

Plan B: Installing dropbox in our windows server and link as a local file...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a support ticket opened for more than 7 months, and nothing improves.

every month some engineer ask me to get tracer logs using fiddler, and they say they cannot replicate the issue with my original pbix that I sent to them. I refuse to close this ticket, because I know they don´t want to make it easier for onedrive rivals.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, has anyone succeeded with finding a solution to this one? I've been trying your examples without any success. Thanks

ok that isnt going to happen as we auto refresh every night!!!

I've voted thanks for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors