cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: Dropbox API v2, as API1 has been turned off

@masplin,

I get same error as yours when enter credential for Dropbox in Power BI Service, the workaround is to republish PBIX file each time you have refresh.

Meanwhile, I would recommend you vote up the following idea that add Dropbox connector in Power BI.
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/6663925-dropbox

In addition, do mask sensitive data such as access token before uploading your pictures and posting your replies.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
masplin Member

ok that isnt going to happen as we auto refresh every night!!!

I've voted thanks for your help

Anonymous
Not applicable

definitely it is not an option do republish every time...

I also voted for this idea, but it is under review since 2014. Sadly, that means it is never gonna happen.

why? because end users are supposed to buy onedrive for business from Microsoft, that´s why.

masplin Member

which is garbagge. as is sharepoint. Replication is slow and unreliable. Shocking products and vety dangerous as you thikn you have correct daya and it just isnt

aarola Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @masplin,

I have been trying to connect to Dropbox as well, so I have seen all your comments and different strategies, which at the end didn't work with Dropbox API v2 & Power BI Service... So sad.

Did you have any other update? I already voted & posted at the Dropbox "idea".

Plan B: Installing dropbox in our windows server and link as a local file...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a support ticket opened for more than 7 months, and nothing improves.

every month some engineer ask me to get tracer logs using fiddler, and they say they cannot replicate the issue with my original pbix that I sent to them. I refuse to close this ticket, because I know they don´t want to make it easier for onedrive rivals.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, has anyone succeeded with finding a solution to this one? I've been trying your examples without any success. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors