Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gco
Resolver II
Resolver II

Drill-through using multiple filters

i have 2 tables, CUSTOMER(AccountNumber,Balance,ProcessDate), and ACCOUNTS(AccountNumber,Transaction,ProcessDate).  On page 2, i added to the drill-through filters, the CUSTOMER.AccountNumber and CUSTOMER.ProcessDate.  When i drill through from Page 1, the Accounts Table is filtered by AccountNumber only - not AccountNumber and ProcessDate.  The 2 tables have relationship as Many-Many/Both for AccountNumber.  Can you please tell me what i am missing?

I just wanted to be able to get the drill-through filtering both AccountNumber and ProcessDate.

Thank you

Glen

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gco ,

You can pass all applied filters to the drillthrough window. For example, you can select only a certain category of products and the visuals filtered to that category, and then select drillthrough. You might be interested in what that drillthrough would look like with all those filters applied.

To keep all applied filters, in the Drillthrough section of the Visualizations pane, set the Pass all filters toggle to on.

Keep all filters

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @v-frfei-msft,

Thank you for replying.  I did try your suggestion and that is how i was doing it too, but only the account number is being filtered in Table 2.  I am not able to tie the Process Date on Table 1 with Table 2.  Is it possible to also set Table2_ProcessDate to filter by Table1_ProcessDate?

PowerBI_Filter.png

Thank you

Glen

@v-frfei-msft ,

I have uploaded a test pbix file in the link below.  I am wondering if you can look at it.  In this report, i have 2 tables, Detailed_Trans and Transactions.  On page 1, i have a view that displays everything from the Transactions table.  And i have a drill through setup on page 2 for AccountNumber and ProcessDate, and a view displaying Detailed_Trans.  I have relationship between table 1 and 2 via AccountNumber.  And the view on page 2 is only being filtered by Account Number.  I cannot seem to figure out how i can filter the view for both Account Number and ProcessDate.

https://kcuboard-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/gco_kitsapcu_org/ETIBPswvPQxPr4B5rUiJ9ucBQGbyFLQfJ...

Thank you

Glen

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors