Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Adrian_A
Frequent Visitor

Drill through columns in a sumary fasion

Hello Bi Community,

Any help would be appreated,

Is thier a way to create a drill down function in a table?

For example, lets say i have a column that represents a "Job". The "Job may consist of more than record that takes up 2 lines so, my goal is to expand the job line and see both records OR see both records on one line.

Thanks,

Adrian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Adrian_A ,

According to your description, the function you want to use is drill down, firstly you can learn the concept by the official document: Drill down and drill up in a visual - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Then I create a sample for your reference. In order to use the drill down function, you should have a table like this:

vkalyjmsft_0-1666851924638.png

From the table can see, Sub_Job C, D and E belongs to Job A, Sub_Job F, G and H belongs to Job B.

Then in a column chart, put Job and Sub_Job in the visual X-axis, you'll find the drill button appears.

vkalyjmsft_1-1666852142804.png

By clicking the drill down button, the visual will show data in the sub level.

vkalyjmsft_2-1666852187327.png

I attach mly sample below for your reference.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Adrian_A ,

According to your description, the function you want to use is drill down, firstly you can learn the concept by the official document: Drill down and drill up in a visual - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Then I create a sample for your reference. In order to use the drill down function, you should have a table like this:

vkalyjmsft_0-1666851924638.png

From the table can see, Sub_Job C, D and E belongs to Job A, Sub_Job F, G and H belongs to Job B.

Then in a column chart, put Job and Sub_Job in the visual X-axis, you'll find the drill button appears.

vkalyjmsft_1-1666852142804.png

By clicking the drill down button, the visual will show data in the sub level.

vkalyjmsft_2-1666852187327.png

I attach mly sample below for your reference.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thankyou so much for the Assist! this did the trick!

- Adrian

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors