Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

calis

Download reports/dataset

Hi,

Is there any way to download the uploaded excel/power bi designer files on PowerBI.com?

I can do that on Power BI for Office 365.

I ever have local copy of excel/power bi designer corrupted and the uploaded files can serve as a backup if we can download it.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
v-dabatc
Employee
Employee

The GA release has come and gone, and there's still no way to download reports.  This is a much needed feature that the Power BI team needs to implement.

ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@calis That's correct although we can download worksheets from current Power BI for Office 365, it seems there is no way for downloading designer files from Power BI online service. Microsoft team should work on this as a suggestion / improvement for GA.

sqlboy

I think that today your only option is if you store your reports on OneDrive. In that case you can download/edit/etc.

That's a good quesiton, people always ask me that when I'm speaking about Power BI, hopefully we will be able to download any data/report/dashboard in the GA release

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors