Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anono

Doubled values in query

Hi All,

I'm having an issue where refreshing a query returns a doubled value.  However, when my colleague refreshes the same query, it comes back with the correct values; I can send them the file and it's refreshed to the correct amounts, but if they send it back and I refresh again it is again doubled, which makes me think it's a setting and not an issue in the actual SQL code.  Does anyone have an idea what I should be looking for?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
artpil
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

Ask your colleague to input his credentials on your computer. If the output will be correct then you should analyse sql if the views providing data have some restrictions based on user login. If not, try to just load data from both systems and compare tables one to one.

It is always tricky to find what's the reason for cases like this.

Artur

Unfortuantely, my colleague is on the other side of the world, so using their credentials on my computer isn't possible, but the SQL doesn't appear to contain any code relating to login.  

Definitely tricky, but putting the table side by side shows exactly what I've described; the rows have the same descriptive values but the amount value is doubled exactly 2x.

Guess I'll keep looking through settings that might cause it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors