Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't refresh from ORACLE db

Hi,
I am a new user of the comunity. I'm trying to schedule the refresh of data coming from an ORACLE db. I installed the getway and for now it works but this morning I'm trying to do an on demand update by manually clicking but it can't update. It says "refresh preparation", then the writing disappears and actually it doesn't update, in fact the same "last refresh" remains.
Sometimes this happens to me.
Yesterday I could refresh every time I clicked, today not.
Does it happen to you too? Is it a Power BI service problem? In the meantime, the refresh has been successful in Power BI Desktop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me explain, today I have problems with the refresh of all the databases from the power bi service. When I click on "refresh" the writing "refresh preparation" appears and after that nothing happens.
If I check the refresh history, there is no trace of this refresh I tried to do.
I can only see yesterday's ones.

I think that the problem is this:
support.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

First check which gateway you use (personal or on-premise), and whether gateway is online or not.

As searched, someone else also have the refresh issue with Personal gateway when connecting to ORACLE db.

As a workaround, you can republish from Power BI Desktop to Service and replace the dataset.

Please provide more information for further analysis.

Does it show any error message?

Could you show a screenshot here?

Best Regards

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me explain, today I have problems with the refresh of all the databases from the power bi service. When I click on "refresh" the writing "refresh preparation" appears and after that nothing happens.
If I check the refresh history, there is no trace of this refresh I tried to do.
I can only see yesterday's ones.

I think that the problem is this:
support.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors