Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MarcioL
Helper I
Helper I

Does not publish but says published successfully

Hi all,

I have made changes and updated the data on a report in power BI desktop. Clicking on Publish it comes up at successfully published. When I access Power Bi online, I can see the data was updated but none of the visuals or new sources have been changed. I have published quiet a few times with success status but the situation remained the same at services end.
I am facing this situation since Thursday (07/02/2018).

Does any one faced the same issue and knows how to solve it?

Much appreciated

13 REPLIES 13
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I haven't seen that issue. Are you looking at a Dashboard or Report and are you certain you published it to the same workspace as before?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Yes looking at a report and publishing to the same workspace.

I just took over a co-worker's report and this happens. Never happened with him before. I send him the file and asked him to publish it from his computer and it happens the same. Data is updated but not visuals.

Make sure to check the filters on the report. I have seen this before when somebody hard codes a filter value in one way or another that ends up excluding the new data.

Latest book!:

The data is not the problem, it updates the data.

It does not update the visuals. I have changed the design of old visuals and added new visuals. When I publish it nothing changes on what regards the visuals (tables, graphs etc.)

Right, I was talking about the Report, not the data. I was suggesting looking for a Page or Report level filter. I've even seen people hide visuals on at page that slice the data. And it is good that it is not a Dashboard because those maintain the filters at the time they are published.

Latest book!:

Don't get how could that be the issue. As I have deleted a visual and put a completely different one on that location and once I publish it neither the old visual is deleted neither the new one added.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you viewing the report via the Apps section?  If so, you'll need to update the app as well.

If not, have you tried closing the browser tab and trying a new Power BI window to ensure you aren't viewing a cached version of the old report with current data?

I am viweing the report on Chrome, Workspace/Reports.

I have tried that. Visuals are  not updated

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you double checked that you are publishing the report to the same workspace you are viewing?  I.e. perhaps you are viewing the production workspace but have been publishing to your personal workspace by accident?

Yes I have double checked. I am publishing it to the correct workspace

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the "Reset to Default" button at the top yellow?  Can you click that button and see if it looks correct?

It's grey

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a bug to me.  You would have 2 solutions:

1.  Put in a ticket and get Microsoft to review

2.  Rename the Dashboards/Reports/Datasets to  <Old Name>_OLD.  Publish the report again and check if the newly published version appears.  If that works, you'll just need to reconfigure dashboards and refresh schedules.  You could remove the corrupted reported once you've checked its all working.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors