cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JuliaYebra Member

Do I need to belong to a workspace to see a Power BI Report in Sharepoint?

I'm a pro user and I've been doing several test using Power BI Reports in Sharepoint.

It seems that you must be a member of the workplace where the original report is publish in order to see it correctly in the Sharepoint site.

Im I right?

We tried publishing in a public workspace but it was the same. We can't see it.

If this is the case, the sharepoint option only would work with pro users as you need to be a member of a workspace and the only way is to have a pro license.

BR, 

Julia.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Do I need to belong to a workspace to see a Power BI Report in Sharepoint?

@JuliaYebra A couple things. Embedding in SharePoint Online doesn't bypass the requirements that all users need to have a Pro license, OR be covered by a license (Embedded, Premium).

If you are using the Embed to SharePoint option you should be able to share the reports or add the users as you describe. Either one still requires end users to be licensed on some level.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-embed-report-spo

Near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Do I need to belong to a workspace to see a Power BI Report in Sharepoint?

@JuliaYebra A couple things. Embedding in SharePoint Online doesn't bypass the requirements that all users need to have a Pro license, OR be covered by a license (Embedded, Premium).

If you are using the Embed to SharePoint option you should be able to share the reports or add the users as you describe. Either one still requires end users to be licensed on some level.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-embed-report-spo

Near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 6 members 2,926 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: