xerxel Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: Displaying images from sharepoint online list or folder

I have the same problem, so I ran some tests:

• Internet Explorer 11: Fail
  • FireFox Quantum: Fail
  • MS Edge: Pass
  • Chrome: Pass

So the verdict is, if you want to display images from Sharepoint Online in a Power BI report, then browse with Edge or Chrome.

chromo4130 Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi! @MikeHawryluk could you find a solution or at least heard about a reliable solution to this shameful problem ...Im experiencing the same issue and still cant find a normal solution for this such amazing power BI tooll....sometime I got sorprised by this kind of issues the tool cant fix.

Tell me if you have some news....any advice would be so much appreciated

MikeHawryluk Helper I
Helper I

@chromo4130  I still have no issues in a desktop browser though I find that you do have to authorize sharepoint for the user before the images start to appear.  The pages I've created have links to the images as well as the images.  So I've told the users, if you see a broken link where the image should be, click the link which will open the image in SharePoint and force authorization, then refresh the report in Power BI and the images appear.

I stopped trying to get the app to work some time ago but seeing this note I may go back and look to see whether I can get it going.  

I thought the message from @xerxel was interesting as while the end user normally uses chrome I tested Explorer 11 and Firefox and had no issues.

Hope this helps.

Mike

alexdurok Helper I
Helper I

I confirm I’m facing the same problem. Have you tried the workaround offered by the PG team?

Regarding the workaround you’re suggesting, let’s be serious.. we’re in 2019 and any solution you develop should be browser/device agnostic. In 2005 I would have accepted those workaround but today there is no way to deliver a solution where you can ask your user to use a specific platform to visualize a report..
a_l_b
Frequent Visitor

@alexdurok , I was able to force authentication in Chrome today, but not in IE. Other workarounds I've seen have suggested removing any permissions from the SharePoint library links, which is not a viable solution for most enterprise users. Very disappointing functionality. 

rvgfox Helper I
Helper I

@MikeHawryluk I've the same problem with the mobile apps.

Did you solve it in another way?

Regards

Ramon

MikeHawryluk Helper I
Helper I

Hi @rvgfox 

I never solved it in terms of using SharePoint as the source for the images.  That app has huge usage so we are talking about testing the images in Azure blob storage with the metadata stored in AzureSql which should address the issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors