Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleting multiple columns in Multiple queries at a time

Hey,

I want to dlete same columns in each quers, so I cant go to each query and select the columns and delete as the columns which need to be deleted are same. Can any one help me in sorting this out please?

ParsiNitin_0-1652958192178.png

ParsiNitin_1-1652958270875.png

So, for all the queries I should delete the same columns. Can anyone please help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just import your data and let's say this is Query1.

Now right click on Query1 and Reference - This will create a reference query based on Query1. You can do whatever transformations you are doing.

Create n number of queries based on Query1 and do your transformations.

Then whatever you delete in Query1 will be reflected in all reference queries 

Hence, if you have a single data source, just make one query and make references to this in all other queries. 

If your data sources are different, then you will have to delete column indiviually.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Iam not sure if this is exactly what Iam looking for 😞

Just import your data and let's say this is Query1.

Now right click on Query1 and Reference - This will create a reference query based on Query1. You can do whatever transformations you are doing.

Create n number of queries based on Query1 and do your transformations.

Then whatever you delete in Query1 will be reflected in all reference queries 

Hence, if you have a single data source, just make one query and make references to this in all other queries. 

If your data sources are different, then you will have to delete column indiviually.

Vijay_A_Verma
Super User
Super User

Unfortunately in PQ, every query will have to be edited individually. This can be possible only if all other queries are reference queries based on original query. In this case, if column is deleted in original query, then reference queries will also be not having that column.

But, I presume, your queries are not reference queries but individual queries. In this case, you will have to enter into each and every query individually and delete the column. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors