cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tiago_santos Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Decimal point not being imported by Power BI (using SAP BW connector)

Hi,

When I import decimal numerical data from SAP BW the decimal point isn't imported with it.

Example:

How the number is in SAP BW: 111.99 .How the number first appears in Power BI: 11199 . How the number is in Power BI after conversion to decimal number (either in query editor or in Power BI Desktop)  11199.00

I was using Power BI June release until last week, and this problem didn't exist, i.e. the decimal point was imported correctly. When I updated to the August release, the numbers in my models became wrong and I traced it to this problem.

For now I'm dividing all the numbers by 100 to get the decimal point to the right place. However this is not a good solution. 

I assume this is an issue with the SAP BW connector, is there a fix for this problem? Or will this problem be fixed in the next version of Power BI?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
ankitpatira Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Decimal point not being imported by Power BI (using SAP BW connector)

@tiago_santos From what you're saying it sounds like a bug in the connector. I would suggest you report it here. I would have used the same workaround you did.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 238 members 2,427 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: