Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dax Query with date variables

Trying to insert some rows into my records without adding a new source. Mostly got it working but it would be nice if there was a predefined date variable I could use to get the current year, month, month day.

Rigth now I am doing this...

#"Insert Blanks" = Table.InsertRows(#"Renamed Columns", 0,{[Date = "1/1/2022" , Value = 0, Name= "xraphael"]})

I want to do something like this...

#"Insert Blanks" = Table.InsertRows(#"Renamed Columns", 0,{[Date = FORMAT("01/01/" & YEAR(TODAY()), "MM/DD/YYYY"), Value = 0, Name= "xraphael"]})

I dont know the correct syntax

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vijay_A_Verma
Super User
Super User

You can use this to insert 01-01-2022

= Table.InsertRows(#"Renamed Columns", 0,{[Date = Date.ToText(Date.StartOfYear(Date.From(DateTime.FixedLocalNow())),"MM/dd/yyyy") , Value = 0, Name= "xraphael"]})

If you want to use the first date of month, then replace Date.StartOfYear with Date.StartOfMonth.

If you want current date, then remove Date.StartOfYear.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks this works for me

Vijay_A_Verma
Super User
Super User

You can use this to insert 01-01-2022

= Table.InsertRows(#"Renamed Columns", 0,{[Date = Date.ToText(Date.StartOfYear(Date.From(DateTime.FixedLocalNow())),"MM/dd/yyyy") , Value = 0, Name= "xraphael"]})

If you want to use the first date of month, then replace Date.StartOfYear with Date.StartOfMonth.

If you want current date, then remove Date.StartOfYear.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors