Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dbollini
Helper II
Helper II

Dax Query or Custom Column for Two dates with today

I have CreatedDate & Updated Date in my database so now i wnat to get the no of days it has been sitting in the current state from Updated date to today and if updateddate is NULL then i should use CreatedDay to Today in single column or Dax query .

I created custom column and Dax query but with only one column UPdated date Duration.TotalDays([Today] - [UpdatedDate])

but i need if it updateddate is null then use createddate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @dbollini 

In PQ, create a custom column:

= if [UpdatedDate] = null then  Duration.TotalDays([Today] - [CreatedDate]) else Duration.TotalDays([Today] - [UpdatedDate])

SU18_powerbi_badge

Please accept the solution when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful. 

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @dbollini 

In PQ, create a custom column:

= if [UpdatedDate] = null then  Duration.TotalDays([Today] - [CreatedDate]) else Duration.TotalDays([Today] - [UpdatedDate])

SU18_powerbi_badge

Please accept the solution when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful. 

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Thank you so much i was using the same query but was doing one small mistake with column name now fixed .

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors