Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Buzz123

Date issues with Sharepoint file sources

The March update (2.56.5023.861 64-bit) got installed this morning.  Unfortunately, it's broken the ability for the Power BI Desktop Query to understand dates from a sharepoint folder source.  This file was working correctly last night (before the update).

The first step of the query is:

Source = SharePoint.Files("https://<ourplace>.sharepoint.com/sites/<oursite>/", [ApiVersion = 15]),

The 5th and 6th columns are date modified and date created respectively.  All fields in these columns are filled with Error.  The details are: 

DataFormat.Error: We couldn't parse the input provided as a DateTimeZone value.
Details:
21/06/2016 9:49 a.m.

Here in New Zealand, the date format is dd/mm/yyyy, and Regional Settings, Locale for import is set to English (New Zealand).  I've also checked the locale settings on the sharepoint site and it is the same.

I've tried changing the format of the column in the query editor, but it still reports the same error.  

I've tried going back to a previous version of desktop, but I got an error indicating I couldn't open the newer file with the older version.

I've replicated the error on another computer.

So, any ideas?

Michael

15 REPLIES 15

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors