Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date and Time stamp from Sharepoint loading to wrong UTC

Hey all,

First time posting, 

I have loaded a Sharepoint list into Power Query to find total working hours. 

In Sharepoint, a column for a specific ID's request date is: 

7/30/2019 1:52 PM

When loaded into power bi, that same ID's request date is populating as: 

7/30/2019 8:52:22 PM

Sharepoint's regional time is set to UTC - 8:00, my computer is set to UTC - 8:00, and I am located in the same timezone. 

The group I'm building this metric for is very excited that their data is showing they always work through the night! ha. 

How can I get my timezone corrected?

Thanks!

-DK 

5 REPLIES 5
Kjtakke

I hope this helps.

I would need to look at your SharePoint and Power Bi time settings to find the cause.

Using Local Time.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, our Sharepoint server I just found out is stored at 00 UTC. So whilte your solution isn't wrong, it just does not work for my needs.

Do you have a recommendation of a power query to offset time by a specific UTC that also takes daylight savings into account?  

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you solved the problem with the suggestion of Kjtakke ?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @v-piga-msft 

Sorry, the solution did not solve my problem... 

You have two options.

1. Use the DateTime.AddZone() function which adjusts for daylight savings
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Daylight-Saving-Time-with-weird-behavior/td-p/280413

Or

2. Create a custom column that takes the value of your date column and offsets it based on the month. This is not an elegant solution and is limited if you use multiple time zones.

Let me know if you need assistance with the second option; however, I strongly suggest using the first option.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors