cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dkkip05 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Date Based Columns Not Updating in Direct Query

I have an Azure SQL Database that I am accessing using Direct Query Mode. I added a custom column to tell me if a transaction occurred today using the following:

=if [TxnDate]=DateTime.Date(DateTime.LocalNow()) then Logical.FromText("true") else Logical.FromText("false")

This seems to work in the Desktop version of Power BI, but when I publish the report, it doesn't seem to update the date. It's almost like it's stuck in whatever day the dataset was published. I was under the impression that datasets in Direct Query mode will update about every 10 minutes. Shouldn't it update the Queries as well? Or did I just write my Date function incorrectly?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
elliotdixon Member

Re: Date Based Columns Not Updating in Direct Query

@dkkip05 did you ever find an answer to this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 349 members 3,483 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: