Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joemillson
Frequent Visitor

Dataverse - Issue with incremental refresh / query folding and RangeStart conversion

Hi - I have a simple query from Dataverse, which I would like to have incremental refresh, and use the real-time data functionality.

I've set up the RangeStart and RangeEnd parameters, and the query steps are showing the View Native Query option. However, when I try to set up the incremental refresh, I get the error about inability to determine if query folding is possible. So I have looked at the native query info and seen that the parameter dates are being converted into a format which doesn't match the filter column.

The filtered column is dd-mm-yyyy hh:mm:ss, and the RangeStart and RangeEnd parameters are set up as this, however are being converted to yyyy-mm-dd.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Joe

2 REPLIES 2
joemillson
Frequent Visitor

I am trying to use new hybrid tables with direct query for the youngest partition. The option to use direct query is greyed out due to the issue with folding.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

"I get the error about inability to determine if query folding is possible"

That is not an error, it is only a warning.  Incremental refresh will still work

Are you trying to implement a "normal"  incremental refresh where all partitions are in import mode, or a new "hybrid tables" model with a direct query connection in lieu of the "youngest"  partition? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors