Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataset not refreshing from One Drive

I had created dataset in Power BI Service through a powerpivot file is stored in One Drive (Personal).

This dataset used to get refreshes automatically whenever file in one-drive is updated (there was no issues for past 6 months).

Today it is showing that dataset refresh is failed. Msg shows that gateway is offline but as I understand, personal gateway is not required if file not created with PowerQuery that connects to another source. 

My file is Excel Powerpivot file which is created from normal excel/csv as data source and i sync that file to one drive.

Why this has happened suddenly contary to documentation. What is the solution. Pls advise.

Arup

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You probably want to send a frowny face to support (smiley icon in upper right). Include a screen shot and the description above. There is a decent possibility that a bug or something else was introduced in a recent revision to the service. Support should be able to get to the bottom of it.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

You need to log a ticket - I'm also seeing an issue but with a pbix file that is on one drive. Worked fine for months and now it shows as an error - however if you force the manual refresh it then works. Changes to files on one drive should be picked up hourly.

There was a service issue with one drive groups recently - maybe the fix has caused others.. I have an open ticket on O365.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors