Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pauliusputv
Regular Visitor

Dataset does not refresh correctly

Hello,

I have had faced a strange problem. 

I am using analyze in excel. I did edit one of my records in sharepoint excel file, then refreshed dataset while analyze in excel file was open. The refresh in Power BI didnt give me any errors and was done without interuptions but the data did not change in the dataset or in the analyze in excel file when i refreshed it.

Later I tried to refresh dataset while my analyze in excel file was not open and then the data changed correctly. 

Why such thing happens? Are there any solutions so I can refresh dataset correctly even when analyze in excel file is open?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Pauliusputv 

When refreshing with analyze in excel opening, do you refresh your brower first before checking if your data is updated after refresh?

web browser always stores cache by default.

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Pauliusputv 

When refreshing with analyze in excel opening, do you refresh your brower first before checking if your data is updated after refresh?

web browser always stores cache by default.

Best Regards

Maggie

@v-juanli-msft , you were right! All good now.

Thanks a lot!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors