Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dataflow decimal formatting

Hello! 

I've got several tables uploaded to PBI dataflows and further using them for a report. 

The columns that are in decimal format are not coming out correctly in PBI Desktop:

PBI DesktopPBI DesktopPBI DataflowsPBI Dataflows

Do we know what causes this to occur and how to possibly fix it?

Br,
Johannes

Connect on LinkedIn
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm experiencing the exact same problem. I use dataflows, power BI desktop and then I publish to power BI service.

I use Locale for import: Dutch (Belgium), in power BI desktop.

this makes dataflows unusable until fixed. Smiley Sad

for more info see my post below:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Dataflows-UK-US-Date-Format/idc-p/586344/highlight/true#M362...

@MatthewRoche is de product development team aware of this issue? 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@tex628,

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my side. Have you  changed the type of the columns in Dataflow to decimal number?

Source excel fileSource excel filedataflowdataflowdataflowdataflowPower BI DesktopPower BI Desktop

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

My source is MSSQL Server. So that might be a factor. But this is the formatting settings: 

DataflowsDataflowsDataflowsDataflows
PBI DesktopPBI Desktop

Previous image is taken with raw data from flows, no transformations

Previous image is taken with raw data from flows, no transformationsPrevious image is taken with raw data from flows, no transformations

Any idea's?

Connect on LinkedIn

@tex628,

What data type do you set for the column in SQL Server? Could you please the original sample data in SQL Server table? It seems that you store whole numbers as decimal number in SQL Server table.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm experiencing the exact same problem. I use dataflows, power BI desktop and then I publish to power BI service.

I use Locale for import: Dutch (Belgium), in power BI desktop.

this makes dataflows unusable until fixed. Smiley Sad

for more info see my post below:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Dataflows-UK-US-Date-Format/idc-p/586344/highlight/true#M362...

@MatthewRoche is de product development team aware of this issue? 

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks for the information @sebadb9, a fix would be wonderfull. 

/ Johannes

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors