Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataflow Error - fileUri.Segments.Length >= 4

I am receiving the following error when trying to save a Dataflow:

An invalid ADLS Gen2 uri has been received: 'AdlsFileSystemManager.ValidateFileUri => fileUri.Segments.Length >= 4 [https://REMOVED.dfs.core.windows.net/commondataservice-REMOVED-orgREMOVED/model.json]'.

Steps to replicate:

1. Navigate to a Dynamics environment in PowerApps and complete the "Export to data lake" wizard
  2. Navigate to the Power BI Service and attach the above model.json (generated in step 1) using "Attach a Common Data Model folder (preview)". Note: this step works fine - I am able to query the results in PBI Desktop.
  3. Create a new dataflow containing a Linked Entity from the above dataflow (generated in step 2).
  4. Try to save.  The error will appear.

The error message suggests we cannot have URI segments greater than 3.  This does not make sense given that when you click "Attach a Common Data Model folder (preview)" the example has 4: https://myaccount.dfs.core.windows.net/filesystem/path/model.json

Any thoughts on a solution?  

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may go through “Connect ADLS Gen2 for dataflow storage” and see if you are missing any steps.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-frfei-msft, unfortunately that link is unrelated.  At no point do I export to a custom ADLgen2, my issue is import related and therefore that tutorial does not apply.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors