Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

itelligent-i
Helper I
Helper I

DataSource.NotFound CRM Dynamics Online Odata feed issues

i'm continuously getting a problem with the CRM OData feed returning an error:-

DataSource.NotFound: OData: Request failed (404): The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
Details: [then the CRM System and Odata String is displayed]

has any come across this issue ?

thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Are you seeing those issues in Power BI service, Power BI Desktop or both? Can you post a scrubbed url string for your OData feed, I have instructions on getting the right string here:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/building-ultimate-microsoft-crm-dashboard-under-hour-greg-deckler?trk...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks @Greg_Deckler ...  It's not the connection string, as it happens after the initial data has downloaded to the query.  There are a few issues I think I'm facing - the IncidentSet has 290+ rows (and appears to be growing!) so even when I've limited the columns there is still a lot.  Once I limit the columns, I either get the 404 error when trying to certain tasks (eg check for error rows) or I only get 51 rows which indicats a error in the row somewhere...  but I cannot check for errors as this appears to also send all columns to the OData query.

I have also found in the MS CRM OData reference that the string for the OData feed is max'd out a 2048 characters...  so this could be contributing to the problem.  This evening I'm going to reduce everything to a few columns and see is I can at least get a condensed dataset to work.....  I think there might be a few things going on at the same time here, possible data issues and an OData string that too large (3380 characters)...  will keep posting as I discover...

Ah yes, I do remember getting some random 404 errors for LeadSet when I was trying to grab every column in Leads, it would only get so far and then error out with a 404. When I reduced my columns, it worked like a champ. I think I even made mention of that here:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/building-ultimate-microsoft-crm-dashboard-under-hour-greg-deckler?trk...

I would definitely reduce the URL lenght if at all possible but seems you are on the right path to troubleshooting it. I think everyone in the community would be interested in you results if you can get past some of the issues as I have seen this issue come up before.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors