cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esraa_Elmeniawy
Regular Visitor

[DataFormat.Error] Format error in package.

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting data from a SharePoint folder from xlsx tables, everything works fine till I Apply changes, it gives me this error

"OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataFormat.Error] Format error in package.. An unexpected exception occurred."

I checked every step in the power query and noticed that this error occurs when loading more data while filtering a column and this error starts from expanding step 
Also, I checked the regional format for these xlsx files and they are the same

Anyone can help!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eyelyn9
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Esraa_Elmeniawy ,

You may use try...otherwise to handle such an error, like:

= Table.TransformColumns(Source, {{"column name",each try DateTime.FromText(_) otherwise null, type datetime}})

A similar thread:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/EdX-Specific-Training-Discussion/OLE-DB-or-ODBC-Error-DataFormat-Er...

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eyelyn9
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Esraa_Elmeniawy ,

You may use try...otherwise to handle such an error, like:

= Table.TransformColumns(Source, {{"column name",each try DateTime.FromText(_) otherwise null, type datetime}})

A similar thread:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/EdX-Specific-Training-Discussion/OLE-DB-or-ODBC-Error-DataFormat-Er...

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks a lot Eyelyn, it works

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!