cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasonlosser Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Data not refreshing

My service has been running fine for a week.  Now, as of 2 hours ago, all my reports are failing to refresh, stating my 'personal gateway is offline'.   Yet, it is not offline.   The drop-down menu says it is online, as well as I physically ensured it is still running.   What is happening?

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Re: Data not refreshing

Best guess is that whatever heartbeat is used to ensure that it is online is failing. I've seen this once and rebooting/restarting gateway seemed to clear it up. Your mileage may vary.

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Regular Visitor

Unfortunately, I've re-booted the gateway and nothing has changed.

All the files that are .pbix files and in 'MyWorkplace' are working fine;    it's the Excel-type files in my workgroups that all have ceased operations.

So, the Gateway is working for some files, but not all.   No clue how to fix this.    And, no idea how I am supposed to convince users that this is a stable system.

Super User
Super User

Ah, that's interesting that it thinks the gateway is online for some data sources and not for others. Any connectivity issues between your gateway and those Excel files?

Sorry, that last question does not apply if you are referring to Excel files uploaded to the service.

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Regular Visitor

The most troubling aspect is that the files were updating fine for a week, and then just 'ceased'.   

As luck would have it, I conducted a call regarding migrating to the new service from the 'old' PowerBI platform and touted the reliability we will see.    OUCH.    Now I sit and wait to see if the service will work tomorrow.

Regular Visitor

Anything on this from the MSFT people ?????

Regular Visitor

Here is the part that bothers me...my error is 'on-premises Gateway is offline'.   However, the next section then confirms my gateway IS online.

MSFT Issue.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)