Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jasonlosser
Helper I
Helper I

Data not refreshing

My service has been running fine for a week.  Now, as of 2 hours ago, all my reports are failing to refresh, stating my 'personal gateway is offline'.   Yet, it is not offline.   The drop-down menu says it is online, as well as I physically ensured it is still running.   What is happening?

6 REPLIES 6
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Best guess is that whatever heartbeat is used to ensure that it is online is failing. I've seen this once and rebooting/restarting gateway seemed to clear it up. Your mileage may vary.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Unfortunately, I've re-booted the gateway and nothing has changed.

All the files that are .pbix files and in 'MyWorkplace' are working fine;    it's the Excel-type files in my workgroups that all have ceased operations.

So, the Gateway is working for some files, but not all.   No clue how to fix this.    And, no idea how I am supposed to convince users that this is a stable system.

Ah, that's interesting that it thinks the gateway is online for some data sources and not for others. Any connectivity issues between your gateway and those Excel files?

Sorry, that last question does not apply if you are referring to Excel files uploaded to the service.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

The most troubling aspect is that the files were updating fine for a week, and then just 'ceased'.   

As luck would have it, I conducted a call regarding migrating to the new service from the 'old' PowerBI platform and touted the reliability we will see.    OUCH.    Now I sit and wait to see if the service will work tomorrow.

Anything on this from the MSFT people ?????

Here is the part that bothers me...my error is 'on-premises Gateway is offline'.   However, the next section then confirms my gateway IS online.

MSFT Issue.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors