Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pascal_KTeam
Resolver I
Resolver I

Data from BEx query not the same as in BW

So I've created a BEx query and use it to load data into Power BI using import mode. The problem is that the data which arrives in Power BI is not the same as the data in SAP BW. Below table shows the difference:

Correct Data as seen in BW 
CategoryCountryuserStatus
BudgetCHUser_13
BudgetCHUser_21

Not correct Data as seen in Power BI 
CategoryCountryuserStatus
BudgetCHUser_13
BudgetCHUser_23
BudgetCHUser_11
BudgetCHUser_21

When I access the BEx Query via Analysis for Office or BEx Analyser, the data looks correct. I hope somebody can push me in the right direction.

7 REPLIES 7
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Pascal_KTeam 

Do you follow the steps suggested by article1 or   article2?

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I just found out that the query is based on an open ODS view (https://help.sap.com/doc/saphelp_nw74/7.4.16/en-US/3c/2501f075cb42b1aef74b6b4e5fa9de/content.htm?no_...) so it's not based on a cube. Is this not supported by Power BI?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Is your issue resolved i m in to the same issue. Please help

Regards,

Husna

Yes, resolved. Does your BW view contain a key figure? If not, add one and try again
Anonymous
Not applicable

When im trying to import data from a query  to power bi it is only taking 2019 & 2020 data but in reality we have data from 2016 can you let me know whats wrong

Well, that‘s a completely different issue.
Why don‘t you go ahead and explain exactly what you‘re doing and maybe then i can figure out what‘s wrong.

Hi @v-juanli-msft 

Thanks for the links. I've gone through both articles before and have now looked at them in more detail again. Looks like I followed all the steps already so I couldn't find the solutions.

Could the issue be that my BEx query doesn't contain a key figure (measure)?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors