Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data changes are not updating in Data sets when using Scheduled Refresh options.

Data changes are not updating in Data sets when using Scheduled Refresh options.

Source data are connected with 3 CSV files connected to Power BI from SharePoint and 2 files will have data updated on daily basis. I have enabled a schedule to refresh the data and will be placing the csv files manually. Schedule status shows successfully completed but the updated changes are not reflecting in the dataset. Only Refresh done inside the POWER QUERY EDITOR, the changes are reflecting in the tables. What could be the problem

8 REPLIES 8
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

How did you check whether the change has updated the dataset?

Because, refresh does not automatically update the new data to reports on Power bi service, the change only reflect to the pined visuals in dashboard, maybe try manual refresh the report page on Power bi Service.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I created a table to identify the counts updated. My data visualizations are maintained based on daily status. Example - Today is October 08 2020. After the schedule refresh completes I manually validate and so far, You can see last updated values are till October 07 2020. That is something I manually refreshed

vtamilamudhan_0-1602176992336.png

artemus
Employee
Employee

Maybe it is a timezone issue? The online refresh happens in UTC, while yours may be in a different timezone. As a result, when refreshing online, the service may be requesting data for a future date.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Artemus,

I am scheduling the job for 10.00 AM EST or 5.00 UST. The files are generally dropped by 09.00 AM EST. Also, the refresh never made any updates for 2 days. Not sure, If I am missing anything beyond that

The important question is what time zone are you in?

If you are in UST, then your 5:00 your time is 23:00 UTC on the previous day. If you then try to get data for the date of that time, you will locally try to get the current day, but when refreshing online, you will try and get the previous day.

See if doing a refresh 2 hours later helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

btw, What is UST time zone. I work in EST Time zone and it been scheduled to for 10.00 AM EST Hours and I drop my file at 9.00 AM EST hours.

Can I schedule the job for 12.00 PM EST and Drop the files for 9.00 AM EST. So, I will have more than 3 hours of time?

If you are in EST, and you are doing this at 10AM, then the timezone difference isn't big enough to make a difference.

I would need to understand your scenario a bit better to diagnonsis this. For example, if the files were protected by an account, and the system was set up to only return results that were avialable to the account, then a difference in the credentials could result in no data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, In that case, please let me know the information you required to perform diagnosis in this case.

• I am using Power BI Desktop and having 3 data sets files manually loaded in my organization One Drive and my source will be like this

vtamilamudhan_0-1602251497312.png

• 2 files are .CSV format that was replaced on daily basis by morning 9.30 AM EST hours. These 2 files will have updated employee training status, you can expect the rows count increased daily and few column values will be changed in the existing status. Ex - Training status of the employee will be converted from Not completed to completed and new enrollments will be added
  • 3rd file is an excel file with country, region and location values. linked with 2 CSV files to generate location values
  • The Data source settings are maintained as "Organizational" in the Privacy level and credentials for are maintained as Organizational account

Please let me know if you require any other information in this regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors