Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DarenD2
Regular Visitor

Data Source Credentials Issue

I'm pretty new to Power BI but have been able to create a report in Power BI Desktop  and then publish to our companies free Power BI.  When I try to schedule a daily refresh, since we're using the free version for proof of concept, I get an error that I need to add my credentials, but when I try there is no option for SharePoint Online.  When I open Power BI Desktop and click refresh it works just fine.  I've attached a couple of graphics to help.

Datasource: SPOL

Thanks,

D

PowerBI-CredentialError1.pngPowerBI-CredentialError2.png

10 REPLIES 10
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @DarenD2,

Are you able to refresh your dataset after republish reports?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Lydia,

Sorry for such a long delay in responding.  Yes, it's now working. I endend up removing the published reports, waiting about 3 weeks then republishing and the oAuth2 option was available.

Thanks

D

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @DarenD2,

I am able to reproduce your issue that oauth option is missing from the authentication method, and we are not able to set schedule refresh for sharepoint online list currently. I have reported this issue internally, I will post back once I get any updates.

1.png

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Lydia have you heard anything back yet? Would like to get this resolved for my CEO soonest.

Thanks

D

Hi @DarenD2,

OAuth is shown in authentication list as follows, please check if you can schedule refresh for your dataset.1.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Lydia,

I don't have the "OAuth2" option in my dropdown.

Thanks,

D

Hi @DarenD2,

Have you created a new report and published it to Service?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Lydia,

so I have to delete the reports I've already created and start new ones?

Hi @DarenD2

Please re-create a small report, publish it to Service and check if the OAuth2 is listed. Based on mllopis's comments in this issue,  SharePoint Online authentication issues have been resolved. However, some users are still running into the "getting stuck" on authentication screen,the team is working on a fix and will share another update as soon as they have an ETA for resolution.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Thank you Lydia!  I'll stand by.  Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors