Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AaronRogers3
Helper I
Helper I

Data Snapshots Then storing in SQL/PowerBI before Refreshing

Hi i am a placement Student working on Power BI.

I have read all the threads about taking data "snapshots" or baselines within Power BI and have seen that Power BI does not support this.

I was wondering if there has been any update on this or is there a method for carrying out this function as a way around Power BI not supporting it.

An example: I need to store the amount of service desk tickets open one week, store it and then refresh the data for the next week.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AaronRogers3,

Power BI provide a feature to subscribe the dashboard and report pages once datasets are refreshed. For detail information, see: Subscribe to a Power BI report or dashboard.

You can also Export reports from Power BI to PowerPoint (Preview) each time manually.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AaronRogers3,

Power BI provide a feature to subscribe the dashboard and report pages once datasets are refreshed. For detail information, see: Subscribe to a Power BI report or dashboard.

You can also Export reports from Power BI to PowerPoint (Preview) each time manually.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors