Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mmagnemyr

Data Refresh/Excel Power Pivot/OneDrive For Business/Sql Azure data refresh problem

I have the following scenario:

1. Sql Azure Database, Azure Services Enabled

2. An excel power pivot excel report created with excel 2016, connected to the Sql Azure Database

3. Upload the power pivot docuument to Onedrive for Business

4. Log in to Power BI Service

5. Get Data -> OneDrive For Business -> Select the power pivot excel report -> Import data

6. Now the power pivot is in power bi. and it works!

7. Configure data source (enter username and password to the sql azure data source)

8. Select Refresh Now from the menu

9. Get an error message telling me that it could not connect to the data source.

Is this a bug or is it "by design". Seems a little strange that you can not refresh a power pivot excel report when using sql azure. Note: the same scenario works fine if you use an on-premise database and use the enterprise gateway.

Anyone have an explanation or even better a solution for this?

/

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mmagnemyr,

I came across the issue when I try to reproduce the issue in step 7. I already reported this issue internally, will update here if I get feedback.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors