Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

THEG72
Helper V
Helper V

Data Refresh Credentials - The credentials provided for the File source are invalid

sorry post deleted as probelm fixed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

My guess is the filepath you have used doesn't match.

On the gateway you have registered "C:\" etc etc

In your project file, is your source also listed as "C:\" etc etc?

From the gateway's perspective "C:\Folder\File" is not the same as "\\Server\Folder\File" even if they resolve to be the same physical machine.  As an address, they are actually different.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bergjm2
Helper I
Helper I

Please don't delete posts after the issue is solved.  It prevents others from finding solutions when they have the same issue.  These boards are to help everyone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My guess is the filepath you have used doesn't match.

On the gateway you have registered "C:\" etc etc

In your project file, is your source also listed as "C:\" etc etc?

From the gateway's perspective "C:\Folder\File" is not the same as "\\Server\Folder\File" even if they resolve to be the same physical machine.  As an address, they are actually different.

Hey Ross,

Sorry didnt see you post but it was correct file path however some data sources in the PBI were not refreshed and purely static data. I tagged do not refresh in the file but it seems you need to add these Excel sources to the gateway even though i dont need the refresh for the data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors