Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Johnnyg
Frequent Visitor

Data Gateway does not refresh datasets on mixed datasource - mixed from OnPremises and other sources

Hello - BI Gateway experts.

I have a Dataset that consist of OnPremises tables and Azure marketplace data table that I built for my report, and I want to have the dataset (from onPremises) Refreshed.

When I go to my BI service to Schedule Refresh, The Data Gateway is not presented.  

I tested a scenario of data set that I built prior to adding Azure data to the dataset (data from only onPremises datasources), and the Gateway was presented to configure for my dataset.

How do I:

Keep separation in the data set (between onpremises and not-onpremises data)?     ...such that the Gateway will refresh the onPremises data.

My queries will reach the rest of the data (Azure) - so, I understand.

OR

Does the Data Gateway (Enterprise) have the capability to take a dataset that is mixture of onpremises and not on premises data? 

OR

Am I missing something very obvious?

Help me mister BI wizard!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Johnnyg Current limitation with PowerBI data gateway means you're not able to mix on-premise and online data source in a single pbix file. Keep an eye out on this idea here. As a workaround suggested, use Personal gateway for on-premise source along with online data source and see if that works for you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Johnnyg Current limitation with PowerBI data gateway means you're not able to mix on-premise and online data source in a single pbix file. Keep an eye out on this idea here. As a workaround suggested, use Personal gateway for on-premise source along with online data source and see if that works for you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors