Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GeraldV

Data Gateway - SQL & SharePoint Excel File

Hi,

I am having issues with what I thought was going to be a simple report. I have two data sources, SQL server and an Excel sheet that is updated automatically using Zapier (Survey responses) and stored in OneDrive for business.

The OneDrive file is added using Get Data > From Web using the instructions found here :https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-use-onedrive-business-links/

My issue is when i add the file to the report and go to the Schedule refresh I get the error that I dont have a gateway installed or configured for the data sources in this dataset. If I remove the OneDrive file the SQL connector works fine.

Is there a way to schedule a refresh of two different datasets within one report?

Appreciate any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@GeraldV,

You combine on-premises data source(SQL Server) and online data source(OneDrive) in a single dataset, in your scenario, you can install Power BI on-premises gateway(personal mode) and use this gateway to refresh your dataset.

After you install and configure the gateway, go to Settings->Datasets and find your dataset in Power BI Service, enter credentials for the SQL data source and OneDrive data source, this way, you will be able to set schedule refresh for your dataset.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@GeraldV,

You combine on-premises data source(SQL Server) and online data source(OneDrive) in a single dataset, in your scenario, you can install Power BI on-premises gateway(personal mode) and use this gateway to refresh your dataset.

After you install and configure the gateway, go to Settings->Datasets and find your dataset in Power BI Service, enter credentials for the SQL data source and OneDrive data source, this way, you will be able to set schedule refresh for your dataset.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors