Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joaofms

Data Error

Hello all!

I'm currently experiencing an issue where my views are not getting new data due to an error that were presented to me this morning in all of my views. Here is the error screenshot:

joaofms_0-1650305074564.png

Can somebody help me out to solve this error? It came from nothing and I don't have a clue how to fix it.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Joseph_Chau
Frequent Visitor

Was there a solution to your problem because I'm having the same issue.

ikosoft

Hello, We have the exact same problem since Monday.. impossible to refresh any data coming from MS SQL 2000 with the same error message..

Was there a solution to your problem because I'm having the same issue.

Hello,

the only solution we found is to create an ODCB connection to the database and use it, it works like that!

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @joaofms 

It is a data source error which means it cannot find the object "sys.extended_properties". Did you connect to the SQL Server data source with a native SQL query? If so, can you use the same query to query the data successfully through client tools like SSMS? 

One possible cause is that your database is case sensitive so you need to make sure the name is completely consistent with that in the database. See Invalid object name 'SYS.EXTENDED_PROPERTIES' on binary collated databases (microsoft.com)

If you didn't have any problem with this report before this Tuesday and didn't make any change to the data source settings in the report, can you check if you still have the permissions to the system catalog views? The visibility of the metadata in catalog views is limited to securables that a user either owns or on which the user has been granted some permission. If your permissions have been removed, you may be not able to see it.  See sys.extended_properties (Transact-SQL) - SQL Server | Microsoft Docs

I suggest that you can use SSMS to test your connection and query data from the same data source. If you have the same error in SSMS, so you need to fix it at the source side. If you don't have the same error in SSMS, you can try creating a new blank Power BI report and connecting to the same data source to check whether it's an error only existing in a specific report or in all reports. 

In addition, this is another similar thread that may be helpful: sql server - Getting an error "Object is invalid. Extended properties are not permitted" error when ...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors