cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard tiles don't automatically update when updated report is published

Dashboard tiles don't automatically update when updated report is published

I'm publishing report from Power BI Desktop after new month is chosen. The report is updated correctly in Power BI App but the data in tiles on Dashboard show data from old report. I have to make new tiles in dashboard in order to show new sales numbers. I connect via gateway to my cube in data warehouse. Please help.

13 REPLIES 13
Frequent Visitor

Hi all, 

This feature now works as expected:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-data

Thanks 

William

The tile refresh option is now available..but in my case my tiles on my dashboard are connected to a report that have slicers.  When i change the slicer to another month and go back to the dashboard and "refresh tiles" they do not update to the month that was selected.  Is this included in the tile refresh?  How do we handle that?

Tile refresh

Tile refresh updates the cache for tile visuals, on the dashboard, once data changes. This happens about every fifteen minutes. You can also force a tile refresh by selecting the ellipsis (...) in the upper right of a dashboard and selecting Refresh dashboard tiles.

For details around common tile refresh errors, see Troubleshooting tile errors.

I am wondering if anyone has been able to resolve this issue?

Monthly I need to re-create visuals in my dashboard to track monthly sales.  Very annoying.

"Pinning the entire page is a hack and it creates many other problems. I am shocked this problem has been around at least a year and a half."

Make that THREE and a half years!

Helpful resources

Announcements
November Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2020 Updates!

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

secondImage

Power Platform October Community Highlights

Check out the top community contributors across all of the communities

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors